I accidentally deleted one of my bookmarks folder (in Chrome v57) while trying to rename it. Somehow Chrome doesn't provide a helpful "Undo delete bookmark" command when you delete something from the Bookmark bar. Well, there's potentially a way to get your deleted links back as long as you didn't close & reopen Chrome after the incident.
- Go there:
- There should be two files called..
Bookmarks: current bookmarks file of your current browser session.
- Not helpful.
Bookmarks.bak: backup bookmarks file from your last session.
- Potentially helpful: if your deleted bookmark(s) were in your last browsing session, you're in luck.
Bookmarks.bakinto something importable for Chrome: a .html file.
- Go there: https://rongjiecomputer.github.io/chrome/bookmark-recovery/#windows
- Upload your Bookmarks.bak file, and download the converted file.
- Import your backed-up bookmarks:
- Chrome -> [ ⋮ ] -> Bookmarks -> "Import bookmarks and settings..."
- Select "Import" option: "Bookmarks HTML File"
- Click: "Choose file"
- Select the previously downloaded file.
- All of your backed up bookmarks should be in a folder called "Imported" in the bookmarks bar.
- You can extract your deleted bookmarks from "Imported", and delete the rest.